Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tell me true...

Does this look OK?

It's a shirt I made years ago, using a Burda WOF pattern from June, 1996. I was enjoying looking through the magazine as the shift in fashion means the styles are not looking too outlandish.  If you keep something long enough, it becomes fashionable again.  

Anyhow, the shirt has deep side seam slits and I've always really liked it but at the tunic length it seems hard to wear it with lots of things.  So I made a pair of leggings.

Having worn tunics and leggings first time around, I'm wary of going out in public in these.

It's a comfortable and cool outfit, however.

From a sewing point of view, you can readily see the mistake I made when cutting - I very narrowly escaped the BULLS EYE effect.  I don't like it when there is an obvious doubling of a noticeable print element on either side of the CF, always off centre for some reason.  If I was doing this again, I'd probably cut the fronts single layer to avoid this.  The back worked out better.

The text probably says something inane...

No comments:

Post a Comment